According to Cancer Australia, germ cell tumours occur when abnormal germ cells grow in an uncontrolled way. A germ cell is the type of cell that develops into eggs (in the ovaries) or sperm (in the testicles).
- Childhood central nervous system germ cell tumours treatment – National Cancer Institute: Detailed overview of treatment for central nervous system germ cell tumours in children.
- Germ cell tumours in children – CureSearch: Information about diagnosis, treatment and after treatment.
- Germ cell tumours – KidsHealth: Overview including types, diagnosis and treatment.
- Germ cell tumours in children – Macmillan: Detailed overview including treatment, side effects and clinical trials.
- Germ cell tumours – Cancer Research UK: Information on types and treatment.
Cancer Advisor has a range of resources on cancer treatment, but we are always looking for more content. Register now to contribute content, recommend a resource, or share your personal story.