The Sydney Children’s Hospital Network has created a factsheet called Evaluating health information on the internet to help you navigate health information. It says, “It is important to evaluate the information you have found during a search on the Internet to make sure it is accurate and comes from a reliable source. When evaluating, think critically and don’t accept any information at face value.”
The factsheets also suggests that you ask yourself questions such :
- Who is responsible for the website or social media channel?
- Is the information accurate?
- Is the information objective?
- Is the information up-to-date?
- Does the content of the site meet your needs?
Go to the webpage to find out more.