Journeys – Palliative care for children and teenagers is a 153-page PDF for families and carers facing a child or teenager’s life-limiting illness, created by Palliative Care Australia.
This PDF covers topics such as:
- What is palliative care and who provides it?
- Treatment options
- Your rights and responsibilities
- Financial support
- Places to care for your child and care planning
- Symptom management
- Feelings of loss and grief
- Helping yourself, helping your children, and helping your partner
- Help from family and friends
- Your community, and spiritual care and support
- Talking to children about dying and death
- End-of-life decisions and funeral planning
- The dying process and what to expect in the first weeks and months of bereavement
- Bereavement support, and remembering your child
Journeys: Palliative care for children and teenagers is also available in hard copy free of charge – you can find the order form on the first page of the PDF.