This resource from Redkite provides an overview on managing work and finances during cancer. Practical issues like continuing work or managing bills during treatment can become significant worries for young people facing cancer. If you are a young person with cancer, or you are supporting someone through their cancer journey this web page may help.
You may also be eligible for Redkite’s Financial Assistance, check out their financial help page to see if you can get any additional support. If you are eligible for this support, it may include help covering the essentials such as:
- Bills for electricity, gas, water, rates, internet and phone
- Car registration, insurance, and in some cases, repairs
- Rent and mortgage payments
- Accommodation relating to treatment e.g. hotel bills
- Shell fuel vouchers and Coles grocery vouchers
Costs that are not covered include medical expenses, flights, whitegoods and business costs. Contact Redkite on 1800 REDKITE (1800 733 548) or email@example.com to find out more.You can read Michelle and Colbey’s full story here.