My brother or sister has cancer is a suite of information resources for young people who have a sibling with cancer published by CanTeen. This sibling support resources are aimed mostly at teenagers and young adults, so for supporting a younger sibling you may wish to check out these other resources on Cancer Advisor.
It can be really hard to ask for support. You might not be able to find the right words, feel embarrassed or scared of getting upset. Talking things through can be a big relief. It can help to put things into perspective and sort things out in your head. It can also help you feel less alone. Your first step in getting support is being willing to give it a try. The second step is finding the right person.
The different topics you can navigate on the CanTeen page include:
- Understanding my brother or sister’s cancer
- Getting help and support for my brother or sister’s cancer
- How my brother or sister’s cancer affects me
- Life after my brother or sister’s treatment is over
- My brother or sister’s cancer can’t be cured