This article from Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center in the US provides an overview of myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). MDS is a rare disease that develops in the bone marrow. There are different types of MDS in children, and this article will tell you more about:
- What is myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)?
- What causes MDS?
- What are the different types of MDS?
- What are the symptoms of MDS?
- How do you diagnose MDS?
- How do you treat MDS in children?
- What is the prognosis for a child with MDS?
- What is the long-term outlook?
- What is the latest research on MDS?