According to CanTeen, rhabdomyosarcoma is a rare type of cancer that comes from the skeletal muscle cells. There are three main types. Embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma is more often found in younger children, alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma is more common in older children and adolescents and pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcoma tends to occur in middle-aged people.
- Soft tissue sarcoma – Cancer Australia: Overview of the various types of soft tissue sarcomas including rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Childhood rhabdomyosarcoma treatment – National Cancer Institute: Detailed overview of treatment.
- Rhabdomyosarcoma – Dr Geoff McCowage: Podcast about investigations and treatment.
- Childhood cancer: Reflections from a sister
- Jasmine’s story
- Teen Girl Living With Cancer – Ellie’s Story
Cancer Advisor has a range of resources on cancer treatment, but we are always looking for more content. Register now to contribute content, recommend a resource, or share your personal story.