Cancer Council Victoria has developed a six-page factsheet on soft tissue sarcoma.
- What it is;
- Types of soft tissue sarcoma;
- How common it is;
- Causes (including radiotherapy and genetic factors);
- Treatment (including surgery, amputation, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, treatment cycles and central line);
- Side effects of treatment;
- Making decisions about treatment;
- Complementary and alternative treatment;
- Questions for your doctor; and
- Caring for someone with cancer.
Personal stories by people with sarcoma:
- HSC student Gabbie was diagnosed with sarcoma and wrote a series of cartoons about her experience.
- Tumour Has It is a blog by 21-year-old cancer patient, Beth.
- Video about 20-year-old CC, who was diagnosed with a rare form of soft tissue cancer called Synovial Sarcoma at the age of 16, from jimmyteens.tv.